PTA Meeting 22nd Wednesday 8pm.
Present: Paul Anson, Stacey Read, Karen Rusk, Frankie Law, Michelle Morley, Mandy Corbett, Ansa Khan, Ashley Norton, Michelle Wishart, Sheena Brusell, Rachel Drennan, Dani Penhaligan, Karina Joyce
Apologies: Kim Howard, Vivien Harris, Ellie Stirk, Polly Fenwick, Rhiannon Price,
Incoming: £120 bags to school, £68 2nd hand uniform, £216 tea towels, £161.50 film Friday
Outgoings: £98 Christmas lights
Nativity 13th Dec
• To be performed by Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
• Wednesday afternoon 2pm and Wednesday evening 6pm
• Tickets to be printed by AH and sold in office (£4 adult, £1 child)
• 2 hampers, one for afternoon and one for evening (prizes to be donated and passed on to Michelle Morley (Freya Class 4 mum))
• A reminder that photographs and filming cannot be taken during but can be taken afterwards.
• KS2 (Year 3, 4, 5 & 6) parents needed to be helpers (volunteers please)
• Mince pies and mulled wine donations needed by Friday 8th. Box to be put in foyer.
Film Friday: Friday 8th December
• Suggestion of hot food and snack to be included in ticket price.
• Tickets £5 for first child, £3 siblings.
• Need 5 helpers (Dani, Karen, Kim, Angie and Michelle)
Open Afternoon: Friday 24th Nov
• PTA provide tea, coffee and cakes and to be consumed in the hall.
• Helpers (Michelle Wishart, Charlotte Saunders, Eschtika Crompton setting up. Jeremy Hinde, Emma Thompson & Maddie Cole 2-2:30. Dani Penhaligan, Kim Howard, Michelle Morley 2:30 – 3pm. Sheena, Vicki Brand, Karina Joyce clearing up)
Disco: Friday 24th Nov
• KS1 & Playgroup 6pm -7pm
• KS2 7:15pm – 8:15pm
• Parent helpers sorted
• Biscuits and squash to be provided
Advent Fun Run: Friday 1st Dec 2pm
• In house fun run (letter from school to follow)
• PTA to supply squash and biscuit.
Bus money from last year: School have asked to use this money towards a large screen for the hall. It was agreed that the money can go towards IT. The screen size needs considering as the existing quote for a 68”, was felt was too small for the size of the hall. PA to look into a wireless projector solution.
Class Donations: Teachers have asked if they will be getting class budgets this year. It was suggested that they spend the remaining balances and PTA will top up later next term.
Next Meeting: Wednesday 21st February 2018 @ The Bull
Thank you to Michelle and Izzy for installing the eye catching PTA notice board located outside in the courtyard.
|May Day 2014
The PTA held a headdress and button hole workshop on the eve of May Day which was very successful. Parents came for an evening get-together to help create some beautiful headdresses and help with button hole and posy making.
The following morning the atrium was very floral with PTA members making the posies that would be distributed around the village.
Thank you to all the PTA who helped to decorate the school and supply and serve a lovely afternoon tea.
What is the PTA?
A PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is a group of like minded people, parents and teachers, who are interested in supporting the school; creating a partnership between the parents, teachers and other associated with the school. This in turn provides the opportunity for everyone (parents / teacher) to work together with a common goal.
The PTA has 3 Elected members (Chairman, Secretary & and Treasurer) which are voted in annually at the PTA AGM from the volunteer committee members.
What do we do?
Fundraise to help the school provide ‘Extras’. For example:
1) for the pupils such as subsidising school trips and special activities (dancing lessons, puppet shows etc).
2) for school such as purchasing of new equipment and providing occasional extra maintenance.
3) regular financial assistance with school photocopying and hiring of the Reading Room for school functions including dining facilities for those children having packed lunches.
Run Social events for parents and children which can be a great opportunity to meet & get to know each other.
Support the school in its present and future need.
Types of Fundraising:
· Sponsored events inside (Spelling / Maths) and outside (Cycle rides) the school environment.
· Providing refreshments for all school productions / events.
· Auctions and Summer Party
Changes to our PTA:
· In 2004 we formally established our ‘Constitution’, which sets out generally guideline / rules for the operation of the PTA.
· 2nd March 2004 we became a ‘Registered Charity’ with the Charity Commission. This is on hold during 2010/11 but hope to reinstate it soon.
Summary; Our Aims
To advance the education of pupils in the school by;
Developing effective relationships between staff, parents and others associated with the school.
Engaging in activities and providing facilities or equipment which support the school too advance the education of the pupils.
All parents and teachers are very welcome to join and participate in the PTA, even if they only have a small amount of free time available to offer. We always need new people with enthusiasm to keep the PTA a fresh and dynamic part of our school.
Buy.at is a leading UK online marketing network serving a wide range of brand name shops. The school has a webshop which is completely FREE to run, and all you have to do is place your online shopping orders through the buy.at.co.uk\burroughgreenschool webshop link too get great value and exclusive discounts - and raise up to 15% of the cost of every purchase made via your webshop.
Our webshop will contain an ever-growing number of retailers such as BT, Comet, Teleflorist, Thorntons, Marks & Spencer and John Lewis.
Please have a browse in our shop at any time; just follow this link…
New school uniform items, (such as Pique Shirts, Cardigans and Jumpers) can be purchased through the PTA. Order forms can be printed from the website for purchases through the academic year or for further details, please contact Sheena Brusell (PTA Treasurer) via the school office.
Second hand uniform is often sold at events such as May Day and Sports Day.
PTA – USEFUL LINKS
NCPTA(National Confederation of Parent Teacher Associations)
NCPTA Membership No.11502; School PostcodeCB8 9NH
NCPTA, a registered charity, is the membership organisation for Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs) and other home school partnerships throughout England Wales and Northern Ireland.
CEFM (Centre for Education & Finance Management)
A team of dedicated specialists assisting staff fully to understand and implement new initiatives, saving time and money which can both be spent elsewhere.
The Charity Commission is established by law as the regulator and registrar for charities in England and Wales.
Inland Revenue ~ Charity
Schoolzone was set up by a group of enthusiastic teachers and parents in Oxford in 1997. We could see the need for safe, differentiated Internet material which teachers, students and parents can access easily. So we devised Schoolzone and, with the help of over 400 UK teachers created the site as you now see it.
"An excellent and professional website offering educational and emotional support to teachers, parents, pupils and schools."